So in https://github.com/mozilla/treeherder/pull/948 thanks to Gabriel Machado’s (:goma) fine contribution, we will soon have line highlighting and line linking in Logviewer, so users can share portions of logs with each other.
Specifically users can:
- See the line number for a given line
- Select an individual line and highlight it
- Shift-select a range of lines and highlight them
- Enter a hash and have Logviewer load that line/range
- Share those URLs with other users via IRC or any other method
Here’s the current Logviewer:
Coming soon to stage and production:
Single line selection:
And selection within a failure line or failure block:
In all cases a selected line or range will be represented with a URL hash, for example #L15 or #L15-L300. The changes are now on master, and will be coming soon to stage and production.
Thank you again to Gabriel for this nice addition!